Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Outlook 2003 - Junk E-Mail Options - Deploying a Safe Senders List



Avoiding Performance Problems When Deploying a Safe Senders List
Avoiding Performance Problems When Deploying a Safe Senders List

Sue Mosher
Outlook Tips and Techniques
InstantDoc #45976
Exchange Outlook Administrator

I'm trying to use the policy template for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to specify a Safe Senders list for the Junk E-mail Filter for my users. I've set up the Group Policy Object (GPO) and added the policy setting. I also created a text file that contains only one line (@hotmail.com), saved the file as safe.txt in the \\domaincontroller\netlogon folder, and used that file path in the Specify path to Safe Senders list policy. But no matter what we try, the users' Safe Senders lists don't change. How can we fix this so that we can deploy a Safe Senders list?

When I tried using a GPO to deploy a Safe Senders list, I had the same result—the users' Safe Senders list didn't change. So I tried deploying the list through the Custom Maintenance Wizard instead, following the procedure described in the Office Resource Kit article "Helping Users Avoid Junk E-Mail Messages in Outlook 2003" (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011402621033.aspx). That approach worked fine and added the desired domains and addresses to users' Safe Senders list. . . .

No comments: